Case study (1)
Control activities mitigate risks that threaten objectives and thus provide reasonable assurance that objectives will be achieved.
Risks cover both:
· Threats of bad things happening
· And threats of missing opportunities.
Some control activities are visible and therefore can be photographed.
1. Photograph two different controls you observe around campus and/or the surrounding community. Use your imagination and ingenuity. Each team must work independently to produce a unique set of pictures. (1 Mark)
a. One of the controls photographed must be control designed to mitigate risks of bad things happening
b. The other control photographed must be control designed to mitigate risks of missing opportunities (that is, controls designed to help something good happen).
2. For each control activity photographed:
a. Clearly indicate whether the control is designed to mitigate the threat of bad things happening or the threat of missing opportunities.
b. Then briefly and separately describe:
i. The objective that the control activity is designed to help achieve. (2Marks)
ii. The risk that the control activity is designed to mitigate. (2Marks)
(Note: The risk you describe must be something other than merely the inverse of the objective.)
iii. How the control activity is meant to operate (that is, how the control works). (2Marks)
iv. As an internal auditor, how would you test the control activity to determine whether it is operating effectively. (2Marks)
Formal criteria (1 Mark)
The research paper must agree with all of the following criteria:
· Use Cover page that contains (The research subject, Your Instructure Name, Your sections, the date of submission, your names)
· Use A4 page size.
· Set all margins at 2 cm.
· Use font Arial 12 and 1.5 line spacing. ( Use Bold and 14 for titles)
· Paragraphs should be separated by a line space.
· Footer: Insert page number.
· Header: write your student ID and section.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more