please i need this project in 14 hours from now
In this project you will perform a scan using an Internet-based scanner. It will probe the ports on your system to determine which ports are open, closed or blocked.
Steps for this project are based on a Windows 7 operating system. Steps may vary if you are use a different operating system.
1. Using your home computer, open your Web browser to go to www.grc.com
NOTE: The location of content on the Internet may change without warning. If you are unable to find the URL, go to your search engine and type “ShieldsUp!”.
2. Click Services and then click ShieldsUp!.
3. Click the Proceed button.
4. Click the All Service Ports button to scan ports on your computer. A grid is displayed indicating which ports are open (red), closed (blue), or blocked (green). When the scan completes, scroll through the report to view the results. Take a screen shot of this step.
NOTE: blocked ports are “stealth”.
5. Scroll down and then click the File Sharing button. ShieldsUp probes your computer to identify basic security vulnerabilities. Take a screen shot of this step.
6. Create a new WORD document and paste your two screen captures in this document. Write a short essay (3 – 4 paragraphs) describing your project results. and explain the contents of your screen captures.
Your essay should include the answers to these questions:
Were you surprised by the port scanning results?
Based on the results, what changes will you make to your system security, if any?
Will you encourage your family and friends run this port scanning tool? Why or why not?
This assignment is worth 50 points and will be graded on completeness and accuracy. I will look for screen captures for #’s 4 and 5 as well as a short essay of 3-4 paragraphs which directly addresses the 3 questions above.