Chapter 1: The Profession of Physical Therapy
(1 pt each)
Read Pages 3-10
1) Review Table 1.1-1.4 from Handbook
2) What disease epidemic created the initial push for the physical therapy profession?
3) Who was recognized as the first PT?
a. When did she become the first President of the American Women’s Physical Therapeutic Association?
4) What was a reconstruction aide and what did they do?
5) In what year was the Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant adopted?
6) What was adopted in 1935? Why was this important?
7) How did the term “physical therapist” develop? What year?
8) What historical event was primarily responsible for the growth of PT occurring from 1940 to 1945? Why?
9) What year did the APTA get its name? With how many initial members?
10) What are physical therapy aides and give one example of a task that can be performed by an aide?
11) Access to physical therapy services without a physician referral is currently legal in how many states?
a. Is it legal in Florida?
Chapter 2: The Changing World and the Future of Physical Therapy
Read Pages 15-24 & Class Discussion
Chapter 3: Evolving Roles in Physical Therapy
Read Pages 27-34
1) Review Table 3.1 & Appendix 5
a. What year did the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree become a universal standard of education for the PT?
b. What is the level of degree a PTA receives once graduating from a CAPTE accredited program?
2) Why are PTs and PTAs considered “change agents?”
3) Why is data collection and the record of outcome measures so important?
4) Define these two terms & discuss their significance with physical therapy:
b. Interprofessional Collaboration
5) What is the importance of patient education?
6) What is the patient client management model? What components is the PT responsible for? What components is the PTA responsible for?
7) What are the 4 content areas covered in the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice?
8) Review Appendix 6
a. Print out “Direction & Supervision of the PTA from apta.org”
b. Complete work sheet on Appendix 7 & 8
9) What are pro bono services? What is the APTAs stance on this type of care?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more