For this assignment you are to introduce the benefits and problems associated with Information Privacy and Surveillance in general and then you will introduce a particular problem related to privacy and surveillance that you find interesting and/or important and examine it in more detail. At the discussion and conclusion, you will propose some remedy that is either original or a variation of has been proposed by others.
The paper must consist of the following parts:
• Title page: Title: Information Privacy and Surveillance, Course number, Paper 1, Name, Date Due: October 14, 2019
• Introduction (Introduce the general issues on the subject of privacy and surveillance.)
• Definition: Define the specific issue that you will be addressing
• Background and Discussion (of the specific issue, recommendation)
• Conclusion (Recommendation, how it will improve things.)
• References (Between 6-8, maximum 3 online references.)
• Throughout the paper you must give credit to the ideas and words of others. Failure to give credit may be considered plagiarism, which may result from 15 to 100 points off depending on the severity. Please read the syllabus and CSUSB Bulletin for policies on plagiarism and cheating.
• There must be no more than a total of 400 words of direct quotes. Beware of paraphrasing and plagiarism. Please read and follow the guidelines here: http://libguides.csusb.edu/plagiarism2
It has a link to this good tutorial on plagiarism: http://www.lib.utexas.edu/services/ instruction/learningmodules/plagiarism/
• Must be free of grammatical and spelling errors. • The voice throughout the paper must be consistent.
• The citation style of the references must be in IEEE format: http://www.ieee.org/documents/ ieeecitationref.pdf
• Length: Overall the paper must between 1,200 to 1,400 words. Use 1.5 spacing instead of double spacing.
• Must be submitted both electronically and in hardcopy. The electronic submission time is the official one. Instructions for possibly submit to Turnitin will be provided later.
• On turnitin.com, you must have a similarity index of 25% or less for the paper to be graded. If similarity index greater, the grade will be 0.
• You MUST explicitly have the parts (sections) specified, e.g. Introduction, Definition, etc, as headings. If not, the grade will 0.