Topic: Businesses Security Policies and Implementation Issues in relation to Cyber Security.
RESEARCH PAPER: TOPIC PROPOSAL AND OUTLINE INSTRUCTIONS
The easiest approach for selecting a topic for your paper might be to review the various subject areas covered in the course readings (i.e., search the bibliographies of the textbooks). Although the chosen topic must relate directly to the general subject area of this course, you are not limited to the concepts, techniques, and technologies specifically covered in this course.
Each Topic Outline must include the following 3 items:
1. A brief (at least 3–4 bullets with 1–2 sentences per bullet) overview of the research topics of your paper – you will need to address these in the actual paper. This will be titled “Research Objectives”.
2. A list of at least 3 questions (in a numbered list) you intend your research to ask and hopefully answer. These must be questions that will require you to draw conclusions from your research. These must not be questions to answer your research objectives. This section will be titled “Questions”
3. At least 3 initial research sources, 1 of which is an academic journal or other peer reviewed source. These should match APA formatting of sources.
Example formats for Topic Outlines (an example, not a template):
• Briefly describe the overall concept of system integration.
• Discuss the traditional approach of big-bang integration including the major advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
• Discuss the traditional approaches of top-down and bottom-up integration and their major advantages and disadvantages.
• Discuss the traditional approach of mixed integration, combining the desirable advantages from the top-down and bottom-up integration approaches.
1. Why is system integration an important step in the software development process?
2. Why has big-bang integration not survived as a useful testing method?
3. Why have top-down and bottom-up integration not been replaced by more modern methods?
4. Why would you use mixed integration all the time rather than sometimes using top-down and bottom-up integration exclusively?
1. Herath, T. , & Rao, H. (2012). Encouraging information security behaviors in the best organizations: Role of penalties, pressures, and potential effectiveness. Descision Support Systems, 47(2), 154-165.
2. Testing Computer Software, 2nd Edition, by Cem Kaner
3. Anderson, R. (2008). Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems (2nd ed.). Cambridge, MA: Wiley.
During your research, if any substantial changes to your objective(s) are necessary, or a topic change is required, communicate with your instructor via email.
The Policy Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 2.
The Technology Research Paper: Topic Proposal and Outline is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more