You will be given the opportunity to pull together everything you have learned into a cohesive classroom plan for a three to five year old preschool program. The following is the make-up of your classroom.
You have 12 students total::
1. Eight students are typically developing.
2. One student has an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
3. One student exhibits the following behaviors but has not been diagnosed with any particular learning need or disability.
a. Limited Language
b. Jumps from activity to activity
c. Engages only in parallel play
4. One student who has a Sensory Processing Disorder (e.g. she is sensitive to light, sound, smells, and textures such as paint, sand, glue, and clothing and she avoids physical proximity to people).
5. One student who is both cognitively and linguistically advanced.
For this classroom plan, you must show your administration or director that you have the necessary strategies in place to effectively instruct each of your 12 students based on their individual needs. You will present this in the form of a PowerPoint presentation. The presentation will be 14-16 slides (not including title and reference slides), on slide for each of the following elements:
1. A title slide
2. Create a mission statement regarding developmentally appropriate practices with three- to five year olds (i.e. what is DAP and how does it apply to your teaching of these children?)
3. An outline of laws governing exceptional children that impact your instruction
4. A description of the classroom environment you will provide for these 12 children
5. A discussion of how you will communicate with the families of your students in order to meet the families of your students in order to meet the individual needs of each child
6. A description of two to three specific instructional approaches you will utilize in your instruction, as well as why you feel your chosen approaches will be effective
7. An expatiation of your instructional techniques/plan, for the eight typically developing students
8. A description of your instructional plan, including accommodations, modification, and services available to your student who has an Autism Spectrum Disorder
9. A discussion of your instructional plan, including accommodations, modifications and services available to your student who exhibits certain behaviors but has not been diagnosed
10. An explanation of your instructional plan, including accommodations, modicfications and services available to your student who has a Sensory Processing Disorder
11. A description of your instructional plan, including modification/extensions for your student who is cognitively and linguistically advanced.
12. Create a sample lesson plan using the required Lesson Plan template, showing how you will meet the needs of all learners for your chosen lesson (remember, the lesson you choose must be developmentally appropriate). It is required that you use the Lesson Plan Template to complete this portion of your assignment. It is suggested that you utilize the EArly Childhod and Child Development: Lesson Plan Handbook as a guide for how to more effectively plan this lesson
13. An explanation of why you feel you have a comprehensive plan for meeting the needs of all of your students
14. A reference slide
You are encourage to creatively address the material including graphics, charts, and or graphs. APA style, including the title and reference slides and citing within slides when applicable. Then notes section of the PowerPoint should be utilized in order to effectively elaborate on each necessary component. Lastly, you must use at least five scholarly resources (e.g. peer-reviewed, journal article, book, website for a special education organization, etc). as we as your text.
Remember to cite your sources throughout the presentation in order to support your ideas.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more