MODULE 8 ASSIGNMENT
TOPIC: Literature Review Resources
Successful completion of a doctoral dissertation requires significant amounts of independent reading on the research topic. This allows the doctoral learner/researcher to become familiar with the scope of the topic and to identify gaps or tensions within the existing literature on the topic. These gaps and tensions become the source of the dissertation research. In this assignment, you will read and annotate potential sources in your dissertation field of interest. Those demonstrating the most merit to the best of your understanding of the topic at this time should be added to your tracking software (i.e., Refworks) list for potential inclusion in the literature review section of your dissertation.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Locate the assignment submission for “Literature Review Resources” from PSY-802. You will be adding to this document to begin building a running literature review.
· It is strongly recommended that you engage in this activity throughout the duration of your program.
· Instructors will be scoring your submission based on the number of unique sources identified in the list submitted.
· Download the resource Literature Review Resources Tool and use it to complete the assignment.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Read at least 10 peer-reviewed articles in your general dissertation field that you have not read previously.
In the “Literature Review Resources” document that you submitted in PSY-801, provide the following for each source that you are adding to the document:
1. The APA-formatted citation.
2. A brief annotation of the key points of the source.
3. An indication of whether the source has been added to (Y) or excluded from (N) your tracking software (i.e., Refworks) list.
Highlight the additions to the document so your instructor can readily identify them.
Cristea, I. A., Montgomery, G. H., Szamoskozi, S., & David, D. (2013). Key constructs in “classical” and “new wave” cognitive behavioral psychotherapies: Relationships among each other and with emotional distress. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 69(6), 584-599.
Lerman, D. C., Iwata, B. A., & Hanley, G. P. (2013). Applied behavior analysis. In G. J. Madden (Ed.), APA Handbook of Behavior Analysis: Volume 1. Methods and Principles (pp. 81-104). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Wenzel, A. (2013). Chapter 6: Behavioral activation. In Strategic decision making in cognitive behavioral therapy (pp. 127-143). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
Suveg, C., Jones, A., Davis, M., Jacob, M. L., Morelen, D., Thomassin, K., & Whitehead, M. (2018). Emotion-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy for youth with anxiety disorders: A randomized trial. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 46(3), 569-580. doi:10.1007/s10802-017-0319-0
Carpenter, J. K., Andrews, L. A., Witcraft, S. M., Powers, M. B., Smits, J. A. J., & Hofmann, S. G. (2108). Cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety and related disorders: A meta‐analysis of randomized placebo‐controlled trials. Depression and Anxiety, 35(6), 502-514.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more