Discussion Board Assignment Guidelines
Please answer the following prompts on the Discussion Board in short paragraphs:
1. In a few sentences, what was your argument in the Research Paper?
2. Outside of the academic community, who would benefit from hearing this argument? Why?
3. With that audience, how might your argument change? What would your goal be with that audience?
4. Describe your audience. Discuss their potential biases and opposition to your argument. How do you overcome this?
5. What do you expect your audience to DO based on your argument? What is the PURPOSE of this communication with the audience?
6. What’s the best way — your genre — to reach this audience? (Choices: an editorial cartoon, a video or commercial, or a song/poem.)
7. Once you select the genre, discuss HOW to create that piece in order to reach the intended audience and purpose.
For the Public Piece, you will restructure your argument in order to reach a new audience by composing a public piece, an argument presented in a medium appropriate for the public domain. Therefore, your audience for this will be the general public and not the academic community.
For this assignment, you have the following options to reach the public:
1. An editorial cartoon that would be published in a newspaper
2. A public service announcement in the form of a video/commercial (1-2 minutes)
3. A poem or song that reflects thoughts and emotions relevant to your stance
Your public piece should:
1. Establish a clear audience and purpose.
2. Stand as an authentic, engaging, and polished piece that the public could consume.
3. Communicate an argument effectively with no gaps in logic or credibility.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more