Social Security Resources Readings
• Congressional Budget Office. (2010). Social Security policy options. Retrieved from http://www.cbo.gov/publication/21547
• Popple, P. R., & Leighninger, L. (2015). The policy-based profession: An introduction to social welfare policy analysis for social workers. (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education. o Chapter 7, “Aging: Social Security as an Entitlement” (pp. 139-163)
• NASW. (2009). Social work speaks. Washington, DC: NASW Press.
o Long-term Care (pp.223–228)
• U.S. Social Security Administration. (n.d.). Retrieved October 10, 2013, from http://www.ssa.gov/
Application: Social Problem Research
For this Assignment, consider what you have learned about the possible causes of the social problem your group selected.
Assignment (2–4 pages, APA format): Your paper should include:
• A description of the known explanations or causes of the issue you selected in your Social Issues paper in Week 3
• A description of the theoretical explanations and approaches scholars and policy analysts used to discuss this issue
• A description of the policies that have resulted from these discussions and an explanation of whether they are effective at resolving the issue
Support your Assignment with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
© 2017 Laureate Education, Inc. 10 of 21