Write a 1,000-word analysis of the case study using Freud’s psychoanalytic theory approach. Include the following in your analysis.
- 1. What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- 2. Describe the process of treatment using this theory. This should include a description of the length of treatment, the role of the counselor, and the experience of the client as they work from beginning to termination of therapy.
- 3. How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client? (Cite specific research findings)
- 4. Describe valuable insights of coming to understand the client’s unconscious world as the counseling process continues.
- How can a counselor implement Freudian processes in counseling without undue risk to the client or the counseling relationship?
Include at least six scholarly references beyond the textbook in your analysis.
Each response to the assignment prompts should be addressed under a separate heading in your paper. Refer to “APA Headings and Seriation,” located on the Purdue Owl website for help in formatting the headings.
Textbook (Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy A Case Approach by Nancy L. Murdock).