Please read the following selections in your coursepack:
– Gilyard, Keith and Anissa Wardi. African American Literature.
– Chapter 2 Introduction, “The Influence of the Spirituals”
– Anonymous. “God’s Going to Trouble the Water”
– Hayden, Robert. “Runagate Runagate”
– Chapter 5 Introduction, “Expressions of Blues and Jazz”
– Handy, W. C. “St. Louis Blues”
– Sanchez, Sonia. “a/coltrane/poem.”
Please read the following online article:
– Donovan, Matt. “Things in the Form of a Prayer in the Form of a Wail,” Massachusetts Review, 57, no. 4, 2016, pp. 632 – 644.
Please listen to the following songs:
– John Coltrane, “My Favorite Things”
– The Edwin Hawkins Singers, “O Happy Day”
– W.C. Handy’s Orchestra, “St. Louis Blues”
Answer this (around 200 words):
Music has always been an integral part of African American culture and literature. Discuss briefly how the Negro spirituals, the blues, or jazz have had an impact upon African American literature. Choose only one of the three for your initial posting and then respond to your various classmates’ postings of the other two musical influences. Use direct evidence from this unit’s assigned reading and audio selections to support your point of view.
And respond to two other students answer (I will send you privately).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more