Communication in the Workplace
Communication Analysis Essay and Discussion Assignment
Reference: Chapters 1 – 6
SELECT a topic from the sample choices. Read and analyze. Using your textbook for support!
FORMAT with the following WRITING GUIDELINES:
· Typed 12 point font, Times New Roman
· Double spaced, page length will vary (approximately 3 pages)
· Stapled upper left-hand corner
· Information used from our textbook or outside sources should be noted in-text in APA or MLA format along with either a Reference or Works Cited page.
· If you use a direct quote, place quotation marks and in-text cite.
· If you summarize someone’s knowledge and use your own words, and in-text cite it.
· If you are in doubt, cite it!!!!!
· Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of your essay response should always be your thoughts/words and 20% directly quoted. BUT REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU PUT IT IN YOUR OWN WORDS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS YOURS. YOU MUST GIVE CREDIT FOR THE IDEA! Cite, cite, cite, cite, cite!
· OWL PURDUE WRITING LAB is a wonderful resource and reminder of these tips and more. Check it out!
· Visit the ECU Writing Center for help with sources, organization and error check. If you are unsure about using sources correctly, seek help! Plagiarism is unacceptable.
Your grade on this assignment will be based on your written and discussion response. Each area is worth 25 points for a total of 100. Each of the 4 areas will be assessed as either Excellent, Competent, Needs Improvement.
Area 1: Adherence to WRITING GUIDELINES
Area 2: Style: grammar/punctuation/readability
Area 3: Organization/ Supporting examples and terminology utilized from the textbook for support
Area 4: Presentation individual summary-group discussion; Active participant/listener- group discussion
CHOICES! (In each choice, make sure that you search for a RECENT article. This means within the past 6-12 months.)
Managing cultural differences in the workplace can be challenging. Your task is to explore the difficulty of managing cultural differences in the workplace by reading an article on this topic. If you have difficulty locating an article, contact an ECU librarian for assistance. After reading your selected article, answer the following questions:
· Give a brief overview of the article you read. Make sure to highlight any new beneficial principles/terminology used by this author or reference information from our textbook.
· What advice did you gain from this article? If not, why?
· Describe a current workplace or classroom situation in which you have witnessed cultural differences as challenged. In your opinion, how could this situation be modified?
· Attach a copy of the article you utilized to the final copy of your essay.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more